NOTE: The on-line posted Registration Rates include a 3% Convenience Fee. To avoid this fee, mail a check or money order along with your registration form to TAA, P.O. Box 332526, Murfreesboro, TN 37133, based on the following criteria:
TAA Member: $185 early/ $245 after August 30
Non-Member: $245 early/ $305 after August 30
The 2019 Business Entities Seminar is designed for small business tax advisers (less than 25 million in gross receipts). Taught by seasoned tax professionals, the course will help you navigate the business provisions changes of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, new regulations and other law changes. This year includes:
• Analysis of the new 100% expensing
• The interplay of Code Sec. 179 expenses, bonus depreciation, and 15-year life with regards to qualified improvement property
• New depreciation safe harbor for vehicles
• S Corp vs. C Corp planning in the light of flat 21% corporate tax rate and the elimination of the corporate AMT
• Understanding IRC 1202 exclusions and 1244 loss provision
• The facts concerning Qualified Improvements Zones
• New interest limits and their exceptions: Will they affect your clients?
• New like-kind exchange rules
• Modification of the net operating loss deduction
• New excess business deductions limitation
• The loss of “entertainment” and some meal expenses- along with exceptions
• Changes in accounting methods including the changes that relate to small contractors
• Understanding accounting method options now available to small businesses
• Calculating the new pass-through deduction correctly
• The termination of partnership technical termination
• Working with the new Centralized Audit Regime
• Other timely topics
Seminar Details and Policies:
- Registration 7:30 am; Seminar 8:00 am; morning and afternoon breaks; on-site lunch
- A $40 processing fee will be assessed for cancellations made BEFORE early registration deadlines end.
- NO REFUNDS WILL BE ISSUED AFTER EARLY REGISTRATION ENDS.
This seminar will be held at the UT Conference Center Knoxville, TN
Parking validation will be offered to attendees parking in the Locust Street Garage.
Hotels within close proximity to the Conference Center:
The Hilton Knoxville (865-523-2300), the Hampton Inn & Suites Knoxville-Downtown (865-522-5400), and the Holiday Inn World's Fair Park (865-522-2800) are all within close proximity to the Conference Center.