Seating is limited. Register NOW!
NOTE: The on-line posted Registration Rates include a 3% Convenience Fee. To avoid this fee, mail a check or money order along with your registration form to TAA, P.O. Box 332526, Murfreesboro, TN 37133, based on the following criteria:
TAA Member: $185 early/ $245 after September 18
Non-Member: $245 early/ $305 after September 18
The 2020 Gear Up Business Entities Seminar is designed by tax practitioners for tax practitioners. It is the most comprehensive update and review of tax and economic issues facing small businesses. This course includes coverage of recent legislation, case law developments, and relevant notices, announcements, revenue rulings and procedures to help the busy practitioner stay current. Coverage includes:
· FFCRA’s required paid leave and refundable payroll tax credits.
· The CARES Act and relief for employers - the employee retention credit and the payroll tax deferral opportunities, and other payroll changes.
· Coronavirus-related retirement plan distributions - what employers need to know.
· NOLs - a temporary rollback of the TCJA changes to the net operating loss rules.
· IRC Sec. 163(j) business interest limitation - CARES Act changes and new elections.
· Long-awaited technical changes to the depreciation rules and QIP (qualified improvement property).
· Related party rules and their impact on the employee retention credit.
· Accounting method changes for accrual-basis taxpayers - the AFS income inclusion rule and new advanced payment guidance.
· Rev. Proc. 2020-25 and QIP implementation.
· The current news on the centralized partnership audit rules.
· The SECURE Act makes significant changes to many retirement plan rules.
· The pandemic created lots of tax issues including nexus, where did the employee really work.
· Helpful tips for running your practice in a pandemic.
· Retroactive changes to depreciation - are you ready.
· The IRS has become even more difficult to navigate. We have information to make it easier.
· A review of the changes to the miscellaneous issues of TCJA.
Seminar Details and Policies:
- Registration 7:30 am; Seminar 8:00 am; morning and afternoon breaks; on-site lunch
- A $40 processing fee will be assessed for cancellations made BEFORE early registration deadlines end.
- NO REFUNDS WILL BE ISSUED AFTER EARLY REGISTRATION ENDS.
This seminar will be held at the UT Conference Center Knoxville, TN
Parking validation will be offered to attendees parking in the Locust Street Garage.
Hotels within close proximity to the Conference Center:
The Hilton Knoxville (865-523-2300), the Hampton Inn & Suites Knoxville-Downtown (865-522-5400), and the Holiday Inn World's Fair Park (865-522-2800) are all within close proximity to the Conference Center.