NOTE: The on-line posted Registration Rates include a 3% Convenience Fee. To avoid this fee, mail a check or money order along with your registration form to TAA, P.O. Box 332526, Murfreesboro, TN 37133, based on the following criteria:
TAA Member: $390 early/ $450 after October 15
Non-Member: $450 early/ $510 after October 15
Venue: The UT Conference Center, 600 Henley Street, Knoxville, TN 37902; phone 865-974-0250; Parking will be validated for attendees using the Locust Street Garage; Directions
Hotels in closest proximity: The Hilton Knoxville (865-523-2300), the Hampton Inn & Suites Knoxville-Downtown (865-522-5400), and the Holiday Inn World's Fair Park (865-522-2800)
This comprehensive course covers key tax issues for completing complicated individual returns, including in-depth coverage of recent legislation, case law developments, and relevant notices, announcements, revenue rulings and procedures to help the busy practitioner stay current. Speakers are all practicing preparers who share practical tips to help you get ready for this tax season Coverage Includes:
- Economic impact payments (EIPs) (also known as recovery rebate credits) – 2021 and round three.
- The excess business loss limitation is back and here to stay for an extra year.
- Temporary advance payments of the child tax credit in 2021 and sweeping enhancements of this popular personal tax credit.
- Earned income tax credit – 2021 changes and beyond.
- Changes to the education credits and deductions and the rules associated with debt discharge
- The rules of retirement plan accumulation and distribution
- Strategies to maximize personal credits – earned income tax credit and credits for sick and family leave for certain self-employed individuals.
- The child and dependent care credit more than doubled for 2021 for qualifying taxpayers.
- Special 2021 retirement distribution rules for qualified disaster distributions.
- Reporting of interest, dividends, and capital gains
- Tax practice and taxpayer strategies to safeguard confidential taxpayer information
- The basics of reporting Schedule C self-employment income and expenses
- Recent tax legislation and its impact on an individual taxpayer’s net operating loss (NOL), including new rules for farming NOLs.
- SBA’s PPP loan forgiveness – Schedule C or Schedule F outcomes.
- Self-employment taxation exclusion applicable to rentals from real estate
- The CARES Act retroactive changes to qualified improvement property (QIP)
- The qualified business income deduction (QBID) under IRC Sec. 199A – an endangered species?
- Plus, much more
Seminar Details and Policies:
- Registration 7:30 am; Seminar 8:00 am; morning and afternoon breaks; on-site lunch
- A $40 processing fee will be assessed for cancellations made BEFORE early registration deadlines end.
- NO REFUNDS WILL BE ISSUED AFTER EARLY REGISTRATION ENDS.